Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Ribbon Streamers

One of our favorite venues here in Gainesville, Florida is the Historic Thomas Center. The gardens, architecture, and ballroom are just beautiful, and completely unique to Gainesville, making it ideal for a wedding.

That being said, as a historic building, there are restrictions that go with it. One of the biggies that our couples run into frequently is the fact that you aren't allowed to throw anything - no rice, rose petals, confetti, bubbles, sparklers, etc.

We have an amazingly wonderful couple getting married there at the end of the month. They wanted something to help celebrate the BIG KISS and came up with the idea for ribbon streamers for guests to wave. Being the crafty, wonderful, wedding planners that we are, we were on call to help! :)

We thought we'd put up the step-by-step DIY instructions for you too!

Thing's you'll need:

12 inch wooden dowels
2-3 feet of ribbon, per dowel
Hot Glue and Glue Gun
Sharp Scissors

Start by cutting your ribbon into 2 to 3 feet long strands. In this case, we used three thin strands of different colors for each streamer. It would also work with wider ribbon, using one color per dowel.

Since we were using three, we loosely tied the colors together first.



Then we inserted the dowel into the loose knot with the long strands falling out away from the dowel.

Place a dab of hot glue at the top of the dowel and tighten the knot down on top of the glue dab.



Wait a second for the glue to harden and then place a second small dab of glue on top of the knot. It will dry clear and secure the  knot.



Trim the extra ribbon off the end of the knot and you're done!


Our bride's flower girl will hand them out to guests as she walks down the aisle.


Pretty, right? We can't wait for their big day coming up at the end of the month! Check back for the photographs by Pure by Lindsey Photography! We can't wait to show you what our streamers looked like in action!

What special touches are you making yourself for your wedding?

4 comments:

  1. Hello, do you need a professional hacking service?
    contact: DARKWEBHACKERS20@GMAIL.COM
    Whatsapp: +447727710235
    Their services are 100% safe and 100% guaranteed, they are professionals to satisfy one's needs in hacking services such as
    * hacking of social networks in general, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Skype
    * Changes and updating of the university school
    * Hack university notes and transcripts
    * Clear criminal record
    * General hacking and database penetration
    * PayPal accounts verified hacking
    * Word Press Blogs hacking
    * Hack all social media accounts
    * Hack all Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices
    * clear credit score
    * Western Union MTCN and Moneygram Hack
    * Hacking and deleting videos and CCTV history
    * Hack bank logins, money transfer, credit transfer, clear credit records, credit repair report
    * Increase Facebook, Instagram followers and likes
    * Tracking and recovery of cars, mobile phones
    * Court of bank accounts
    * email account hacking
    * Website blocked hacking
    * help Sign up for ILLUMINATI and become famous faster
    * delete YouTube videos or increase views
    * school transfer and forgery of certificates
    * Recovery of lost files or documents
    * hacking of all bank details and credit card hacking
    * Clear fingerprints of all databases and servers on the website
    * bitcoin loading
    and other types of hacking services.
    Contact them at: DARKWEBHACKERS20@GMAIL.COM
    whatsapp: +447727710235
    They are the solution to all your hacking problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE READ!!!
    Hello Everyone, I'm Lucy, 32 Years Old. I live in Virginia,USA. I have 2 kids and I had to look after them after my husband died in a road accident. I was working as an accountant until I lost my job last year due to Covid-19, I had not paid my bills and my kids were scared of getting evicted from the house. So one morning I was online trying to find a new job that I can work and get paid hourly. Then I came across Mr. Sebastian comments on how he helped many people get their blank ATM card that changed their life for good. I decided to contact Mr Sebastian for same blank ATM card since it was difficult for me to feed my kids and pay their bills i emailed him at (sebastianhackers01@gmail.com) and they responded immediately i agreed to their terms and conditions and believe me to my greatest surprise i received my card in 2 days delivered by DHL and i went straight to the nearest atm machine i was able to withdraw $10,000 instantly with no trace of getting caught i was happy and now i have used the card to withdraw $100,000 and i keep renewing my card every time it expires.Thank you Sebastian if you need his help out there contact him now: sebastianhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE READ!!!
    Hello Everyone, I'm Lucy, 32 Years Old. I live in Virginia,USA. I have 2 kids and I had to look after them after my husband died in a road accident. I was working as an accountant until I lost my job last year due to Covid-19, I had not paid my bills and my kids were scared of getting evicted from the house. So one morning I was online trying to find a new job that I can work and get paid hourly. Then I came across Mr. Sebastian comments on how he helped many people get their blank ATM card that changed their life for good. I decided to contact Mr Sebastian for same blank ATM card since it was difficult for me to feed my kids and pay their bills i emailed him at (sebastianhackers01@gmail.com) and they responded immediately i agreed to their terms and conditions and believe me to my greatest surprise i received my card in 2 days delivered by DHL and i went straight to the nearest atm machine i was able to withdraw $10,000 instantly with no trace of getting caught i was happy and now i have used the card to withdraw $100,000 and i keep renewing my card every time it expires.Thank you Sebastian if you need his help out there contact him now: sebastianhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOOLS&FULLZ SHOP
    _______________

    hi EveryonE!

    Are you been stuck for looking valid products or been scammed by scammers

    Here the Valid store available for all kind of tools,tutorials & Fullz with quality

    Learn hacking and spamming and do it on your own way & enjoy..........

    _______________

    1)FRESHLY SPAMMED USA FULLZ
    2)HACKING & SPAMMING TOOLS
    3)TUTORIALS
    _______________

    *Contact*
    *ICQ :748957107
    *Telegram : @James307
    *Skype : Jamesvince$
    _______________
    USA SSN FULLZ WITH ALL PERSONAL DATA+DL NUMBER
    -FULLZ FOR PUA & SBA
    -FULLZ FOR TAX REFUND
    *fullz/lead with DL num
    *SSN+DOB
    *Premium info
    *EIN PIN LEADS
    (TAX RETURN)
    *ELECTRONIC FILING LEADS

    ID's Photos For any state (back & front)
    ________________
    +US cc Fullz
    +(Dead Fullz)
    +(Email leads with Password)
    +(Dumps track 1 & 2 with pin and without pin)
    +HACKING & CARDING TUTORIALS
    +SMTP LINUX
    +SAFE SOCK
    +CPANEL
    +RDPs
    +Spamming Tutorial
    +SERVER I.Ps
    +EMAIL COMBO
    +DUMPS TUTORIAL
    +BTC FLASHER
    +KEYLOGGER COMP&MOB
    +EMAIL BOMBER
    +SQLI INJECTOR
    +ETHICAL HACKING TUTORIAL
    +GMAIL HACKING TUTORIAL
    +PENETRATION TESTING TUTORIAL
    +PayPal Cracker
    +BTC Cracker
    +BLUE PRINTS BLOCKCHAIN
    +EMAIL BLASTER
    +SMS SENDER
    +NORD VPN
    +ONION LINKS AND TOR BROWSER (LATEST VERSION)
    +DARK HORSE TROJAN
    +NETFLIX CHECKER
    +IP ROUTING
    +KEYSTROKE LOGGER
    +WESTERN UNION LOGINs
    +ALI BABA IPs
    +KEYLOGGER
    +SHELL SCRIPTING
    _______________
    *Let's do a long term business with good profit
    *Contact for more details & deal

    *Contact*
    *ICQ :748957107
    *Telegram :@James307
    *Skype : Jamesvince$

    ReplyDelete