Here is one DIY project we found featured in "The Bridal Guide" magazine that we fell in love with. It's a simple 4-step guide on how to make your own wedding garter.
Materials you'll need...
- Stretchy, lace ribbon
- Rhinestone appliqué
- Needle and thread
- Hot fix rhinestones and rhinestone setter or iron (optional)
Step 1: Cut the Lace
|DIY Garter Step 1|
- Make sure the lace you buy is stretchy so it won't fall down your leg.
- Measure the lace before you cut — the final product can also be worn as a headband, so measure accordingly.
Step 2: Sew
|DIY Garter Step 2|
- Find the center point of the lace.
- Sew on the appliqué.
- It's also a great place to incorporate your "something blue" or "something borrowed"
Step 3: Add Rhinestones (Optional)
|DIY Garter Step 3|
- Arrange the hot fix rhinestones around the appliqué.
- Once you finalize your design, set with an iron or rhinestone setter.
Step 4: Finish Up
|DIY Garter Step 4|
- Turn the lace inside out and sew together.
|DIY Garter Finished Product|
How BEAUTIFUL is this??!! It's so easy to customize and would be such a neat and special unique touch!
What do you think? Would you make your own garter?